Blogging Is Powerful

From one end of the planet to another, blogging reaches out and creates a virtual marketplace of ideas, powerful ideas that may someday change the world we live in today...

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Poem On Christmas Eve

A cheerless night
Found me alone and abandoned;
Despairing to see a star that’s bright,
But I never could,
And I never did.

A listless night
Saw me lost and all empty;
Feeling lonely and cold,
Wanting to see someone I longed,
But I hardly could and hardly did.

A lonesome night
Took me along in its flight,
And slowly helped me wear off
The loneliness I thought
I could never cast off.

The cheerless, listless, lonesome night
Was turning blissful and hopeful
The moment I heard the sound
Of your voice I serendipitously found
Airborne in the wintry night.

Only then did I hear
The merry carols afloat,
Borne by children from far off
And made me feel the spirit
Of the blissful and hopeful night.

Only then did I become
Conscious of the world outside;
Thankful of the precious gift
I could neither touch or see,
But I could immensely feel.

Here with me tonight
The joyous music
Of the everlasting voice,
Colorful and always faithful,
A reminder of all things beautiful.


It is only a few ticks away
From Christmas Eve:
The frenzied Yuletide air hung restive
In a night full of pebbly December breeze:
A throwback of dreamy childhood years.

I would not want the world’s riches;
Nor to have kingly powers,
Nor to possess uncommon strength,
Least of all unearthly divinity
Over nature with its serenity.

All I wish is someone
To whom I can offer
Everything I rightly own,
And to whom I can promise
The hidden secrets of springtime.


Upon whom I will build
My own unique kingdom,
More like a heaven on land,
Which will need a queen so true
That will beautifully fit you.

It is now Christmas Eve,
And all I want is for your voice not to leave.
Before the onset of the stalking dawn
I know the blissful and hopeful night
Will not fail to see the star that’s bright.

No more cheerless, listless, lonesome night;
No more emptiness, loneness and coldness;
No more despair and longing
For anything whatsoever,
For life has given in to happiness.

A song, a gift, a poem from me
Majestically offered without a fee;
Wrapped in a Christmas-colored tree
That towered over like the grandeur of Pisa
For my one and only Liza.