Blogging Is Powerful

From one end of the planet to another, blogging reaches out and creates a virtual marketplace of ideas, powerful ideas that may someday change the world we live in today...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

HIS HONOR

IS YOUR decision final?”

“Yes, Judge, I have made my decision. As I had told you last night, Judge, me and my wife had discussed this matter lengthily. We will be moving to her mother’s house in San Juan by next month and things will definitely change by then. I have accepted the standing offer of my former San Beda classmate to join him in their law office at Makati. I guess, my family direly needs financial boost from my career. And I’m sure I can realize this only through private practice.”
I look at Judge in the eyes. He does not blink. He slightly lowers his head to stare at the pencil he is playfully twiddling with his fingers. He looks over his glasses. He slowly raises his head, lets go of the pencil and lifts a hand to adjust his eyeglasses. He raises the other hand, allowing it to be embraced by the upreared hand in a tight clasp. Resting his elbows on his desk, he perches his chin atop the fastened hands and rivets his gaze to the door...

[Note: Read the complete story in the book "You Filibini?" Stories and Other Writings by Amador F. Brioso, Jr., published May 2010]