Blogging Is Powerful

From one end of the planet to another, blogging reaches out and creates a virtual marketplace of ideas, powerful ideas that may someday change the world we live in today...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THE LAW FIRM

SO, YOU’RE SURE you want to proceed with this?”

“Yes, attorney. I’m fed up with him. If I would have my way, I want my marriage with that scum annulled right at this very minute!”

“O.K., O.K., Mrs. Reyes, we’ll file this case ASAP.”

“Can I pay your acceptance fee tomorrow, Atty. Grajo?”

“Sure, no problem.” Grajo stands up from his chair and starts to arrange the papers on the small conference table. “If ever I will not be here tomorrow, just give the payment to my secretary,” he adds as he extends a hand to Mrs. Reyes, who has likewise risen from her seat.

“See you tomorrow,” Mrs. Reyes says. Grajo leads her to the door of the conference room.

“Sir, Atty. Rutera wants to talk to you, he’s waiting for you in his room.”

Grajo instinctively nods while waving goodbye to Mrs. Reyes. He turns to watch the secretary, who has just relayed to him the message, return back to her seat. He eyes her shapely legs, her mini-skirt accentuating her voluptuous appearance...

[Note: Read the complete story in the book "You Filibini?" Stories and Other Writings by Amador F. Brioso, Jr., published May 2010]